This is my personnal webpage. To reach my laboratory webpage follow this...
- Address: Laboratory of Biomedical Imaging, Sorbonne University, 15 rue de l'école de Médecine, 75006, Paris, France
- email: quentin.grimal(at)sorbonne-universite.fr
- Identifiers: ORCID ID 0000-0001-9041-8176 ; ResearcherID: P-4758-2014; Google Scholar
I lead the research team “BONE MECHANICAL QUALITY AND ULTRASOUND CHARACTERIZATION” (BQ), which is part of the Laboratory of Biomedical Imaging at Sorbonne University, France. My research builds on the strong expertise that the laboratory has developped for the measurement of bone mechanical properties with ultrasound in vivo and ex vivo. We develop ultrasound methods to make ultrasound measurements and quantitative imaging of bone. These methods contribute to a better understanding of bone physiopathology and may become available techniques for the diagnosis of osteoporosis. I am also committed to develop Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy (RUS) to measure the anisotropic elasticity tensor and viscoelasticity tensor of bone specimens and other materials.
My research interests include:
- Wave propagation physics, ultrasound imaging, modeling and simulation in biological tissues, and in particular bones;
- Mechanical properties of hard biological tissues (bone, teeth), including the relationships between mechanical properties and the composition and microanatomy of tissues. I am interested in the pathological alterations of the composition and microanatomy of hard tissues at different scales and their consequences on elasticity and strength. I am interested in the vascular function of bone, in particular the microcirculation in the bone cortex;
- The stability of orthopaedic implants and the relationships between bone quality assessed with ultrasound or X-ray methods and stability.